Lingaero: Solutions for Aviation English Language Proficiency (ELP)
|CLICK HERE TO BOOK YOUR EASA ELP TEST
(Suitable for all UK > EASA licence conversions, including Malta, Denmark, Repulic of Ireland, and all other Member States)
Lingaero is a website dedicated to Aviation Language Proficiency, specifically English Language proficiency (VFR and IFR) and aviation French.
About the site
Lingaero started life as a small website created by James Emery in 2015. Its original aim was to help French pilots to prepare for the French CAA’s English test. Over time, the content has been developed to include a number of free and paid services, including:
- Free training resources for Aviation English Language Proficiency
- Aviation English courses
- Online and On-site ELP tests for EASA licence holders
- Aviation French courses (for flying to “FR only” airfields)
Read more about the history and background of Lingaero.
What is ELP – English Language Proficiency ? Why do I need it?
For your licence to be valid, EASA regulations (FCL.055) require you to hold a language proficiency endorsement. In most European countries, this will need to be English. You must also hold level 4 English to renew your EASA Instrument Rating.
If you are converting your UK ATPL to an EASA Member State, you will also need to pass an EASA English Language Proficiency Check in order to get the licence issued.
How do I get an ELP test?
As a holder of a licence from a European (EASA) country, you generally have two possibilities:
- If you live in an EASA member state, take the English test organized directly by your licensing authority. In France, for example, you can take a test at the DGAC (French CAA).
- Take an EASA-approved ELP assessment from another EU Member State. Lingaero is approved to provide these tests, both via video-conference and in person.