Lingaero: Solutions for Aviation English Language Proficiency (ELP)
Lingaero is a website dedicated to English Language Proficiency (VFR and IFR).
Via our website, you can obtain:
- Free training resources for ELP VFR, ELP IFR, FCL1.028, FCL055D
- Aviation English courses
- Online and On-site ELP tests for EASA licence holders
- Aviation French courses (for flying to “FR only” airfields)
What is ELP – English Language Proficiency ? Why do I need it?
For your licence to be valid, EASA regulations (FCL.055) require you to hold a language proficiency endorsement. In most European countries, this will need to be English. You must also hold level 4 English to renew your EASA Instrument Rating.
If you are converting your UK ATPL to an EASA Member State, you will also need to pass an EASA English Language Proficiency Check in order to get the licence issued.
How do I get an ELP test?
As a holder of a licence from a European (EASA) country, you generally have two possibilities:
- If you live in an EASA member state, take the English test organized directly by your licensing authority. In France, for example, you can take a test at the DGAC (French CAA).
- Take an EASA-approved ELP assessment from another EU Member State. Lingaero is approved to provide these tests, both via video-conference and in person.